Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tweetdeck

My first blog post of all time. And its about a software program. Can you tell that Its an assignment for school haha? Anyways, I am here to tell you about how I am using tweetdeck to further my insidious goals and conquer the world of rock n roll. First I signed up and made some columns just for the sake of completing my class assignment. I chose to have a search column for hasom to see my classmate's tweets and any one else who may be tweeting #hasom. I also included one on The Replacements a band I've liked for years, but have gotten into heavily after reading "All Over but the Shouting: An Oral History of the Replacements". Basically a blueprint on how to prevent yourself from having a successful music career, but their antics are the stuff of legend. I also created a search column for 70's Punk. This time period and genre seem to be the style I've gravitated towards in both my listening and playing since I was 12 or so. Having a search column in reference to it just helps me see what other bands people are tweeting about and info about shows/clubs to related to the scene are tweeted about regularly as well.
After I set up my school twitter account for tweetdeck, I decided to use it with my band's twitter account. I searched my band name TORA TORA TORA and came up with mostly Japanese people talking about tigers and such. I also set up some search columns for related bands/music types so I could steal some of their followers and potentially funnel some of them to our music page. Just for fun here's a video of the Replacements performing the song "Bastards of Young" on SNL in 1985 I believe. They are one of the few bands/performers with the distinction of being banned from Saturday Night Live.

1 comment: