Thursday, February 18, 2010

Casting of Pods

The casting of pods was easier than I thought it would be. All I did was take a track I had already recorded when I first bought Garageband and add a voice over. I do have some limited understanding of recording programs though, going back a few years so I realize how this could be difficult for folks who haven't recorded themselves via computer before. I can think of a range of things the podcast could be useful for in my life, but not sure exactly how I would use it yet. I was thinking it might be cool to do a weekly song or something. I'm writing songs almost every other day so It would give me motivation to actually hone and finish them as opposed to losing them to my famously inadequate memory. It might also be something fun for the band to do. We could do interviews with ourselves and even other bands we play with and play tracks from each others music. Maybe even collaborate on some in studio acoustic jams. If I can ever get motivated to start my own blog I'm sure podcasts will make an appearance, but as I said before I haven't figured out the exact details yet. So enjoy my one minute podcast. The song I wrote kind of sounds like elevator music haha but I still may have plans for beefing it up. Alot of the stuff I record on garageband is just pre production so I don’t forget a riff or a chord progression I want to use. This one I actually recorde pretty much to test garageband out when I first bought my mac. I was surprised with the quality of the internal microphone, but not very surprised with the amount of static in the tracks that I can’t seem to get rid of.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I never heard you play before. That was really amazing!! Was that in one taek? Did you double track?

    ReplyDelete